Marinade, one amazing way to maximize the flavor of the meat. This is a very old method, which is also the most popular global technique and it is suitable for every cooking style and cuisine.
All over the world, wheatear fish is cooked, or steaks are grilled or chicken is stir-fried, marinades deliver a fail-safe method to infuse many different flavors. In fact, each country has its own traditional marinade that gives the meat a special flavor. So, if you really want to bring the flavors from a different culture into your home is by cooking meat using their popular marinade.
1. Caribbean Marinade
This marinade will give you a taste from the beautiful islands. It is an amazing spice and citrus blend that you must try. Plus, it is super easy to make.
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground Cloves
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp. Ginger, ground
- 1 tsp. of Salt
- 1 tsp. Cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. Black pepper, ground
- ½ cup chopped Onion
- 2 – 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. lice juice
- 2 tbsp. Orange juice
- ¼ cup of Olive oil
1. In a glass pan or Ziploc bag combine the ingredients. Mix well.
2. Add the meat you like, fish, chicken, beef or pork.
3. Marinade for 2 hours or more.
4. Grill, stir – fry, bake… cook as you
2. Thai Marinade
Simple and diverse marinade that is packed with Asian flavors. It is a combination of well known Thai mix, salty and sweet.
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp. Ginger root, minced
- 1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. of Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp. of Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry or Rice wine
- 3 tbsp. Fish sauce
1. In a bowl combine all ingredients.
2. Add the meat and coat well.
3. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 6 hours or for better taste overnight.
4. Cook the meat the way you like.
3. Spanish Marinade for Beef and Pork
This marinade is perfect for beef and pork and it is enough for about 2lb. meat. Bring the Spanish flavors into your own home.
- 4-5 tbsp. Vinegar
- 5-6 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Oregano, dried
- ¼ cup of Spanish paprika
- 3-4 tbsp. Water
1. In a bowl combine the garlic, oregano, and paprika. Mix well.
2. Add the water, vinegar, and oil.
3. Place the meat of choice in a container. Pour the marinade and rub the meat.
4. Let it sit in the fridge for 24h max and minimum 2h. Coat the sides occasionally.
5. Roast, bake or fry the meat and enjoy!
4. Italian Marinade
Italy is known for its amazing cuisine. Everyone loves Italian food, well, who doesn’t love pasta and pizza? But pizza and pasta is not the only thing that represents Italian cuisine. Here is a marinade recipe to give you meat an Italian touch.
- 1 tsp. pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. of chopped basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp. Thyme leaves
- 1 small bay leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 Lemon, the zest
- ¾ cup wine vinegar, red
- 1 cup Olive oil
1. In a bowl add all ingredients.
2. Mix well.
3. Add the meat (beef, lamb or chicken cut into cubes). Cover. Refrigerate for 24-36 hours but for chicken, you should refrigerate for 12 hours.
4. Cook and enjoy!
Start cooking right now. Call your friends and family for a nice lunch or dinner party and surprise them with the smell and taste of Italian meat or maybe Thai. It is up to you. What is important is that now you will be the executive chef between your family and friends.