Apples are the first fruit that comes to our mind when we think of fall. They are very healthy fruits and they come in so many different varieties. But as a fruit, they really can be used to make different meals and desserts. The meat is tastier when cooked with apples and the sauce is mouthwatering. The apple pies, muffins, etc. are also the signature dishes of Fall. But, wait there is one that many enjoy is Apples dipped in Caramel. I am going to share the best recipe for you so that you can enjoy a true Caramel Apple whenever you like.
Simple Caramel Apple Recipe
Prep: 20min Cook: 1h Total Time: 1h 20min Servings: 5 apples
- 5 apples, chilled
- 2 tbsp. of Water
- 1 package of Caramels
1. First, refrigerate the apples until cool. Then wash the apples and dry them well. This is a very important step. If you skip the caramel won’t stick to the apples.
2. Insert a wooden stick in the steam and reach the other end.
3. In a bowl combine the water and caramels. Microwave for about 2 minutes, until melted. Stir well.
4. Place a parchment paper on a large plate. Spray with oil.
5. Deep each apple, one at a time in the sauce. Turn to coat well. Hold the dipped apples over the bowl and let the excess to drip back.
6. Refrigerate until the caramel becomes firm, about 1 hour. Remove from the fridge for 15 minutes before you serve them.
Note: refrigerate the apples up to 2 days.
If you are expecting guests make sure to make plenty because they won’t be able to resist them. You can even decorate with some sprinkles and add flavors in the caramel-like cinnamon, rum, etc.. Experiment with the sauce but keep the ratio the same so that the caramel apples always come out perfectly.