Holiday Sandwich Wreath, Holiday Grilled Cheese, Crockpot Party Sandwiches and Fiesta Turkey Club Sub recipes. Here are the deli sandwiches for you.
Holiday Sandwich Wreath
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 20 slices snack rye bread
- 20 slices snack pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 pound deli ham salad
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound deli chicken salad
- 1/4 cup diced peeled apple
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Christmas bow, optional
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. In a bowl, combine the ham salad ingredients. In another bowl, combine the chicken salad, apple, and sour cream.
- Spread ham salad on half of the rye bread slices; top with remaining rye. Spread chicken salad on half of the pumpernickel bread slices; top with remaining pumpernickel. Arrange sandwiches in a circle on a serving plate. Decorate with a bow if desired.
Holiday Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices bread (any kind)
- Mayonnaise, butter, or extra virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Brie cheese, sliced
- Deli turkey slices
- Canned whole cranberry sauce
- Preheat a flat top griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, spread mayonnaise, butter, or extra virgin olive oil on both slices of bread then flip one slice over. Spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard onto the flipped-over slice then layer on the brie cheese followed by the deli turkey. Top with whole cranberry sauce then place the other slice of bread on top, mayo/butter/extra virgin olive oil side facing out.
- Place on a griddle then toast until golden brown on bottom. Flip then toast until golden brown on the second side. Slice then serve.
Crockpot Party Sandwiches
- 1 package 12 ct Hawaiian Sweet Bread Rolls
- 1 lb. Ham sliced thin
- Sargento Natural Provolone Cheese Slices
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP mustard
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Line your crockpot with parchment paper.
- Cut the rolls in half lengthwise to turn them into buns. Place the bottom halves in the crockpot.
- Layer the bottom half with ham slices and Sargento Natural Provolone Cheese Slices and place the top half back on.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, and onion powder. Pour sauce over sandwiches, drenching each one.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 1.5 hours or until cheese is melted and rolls are hot.
- You can toast them under the broiler for a minute to get a crispier top.
- Run a knife between the buns to separate and serve right out of the crockpot set on warm to keep the sandwiches hot. Note
- You can prep these up to 24 hours in advance. Just cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Fiesta Turkey Club Sub
- 1 9 inch round loaf sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 4 oz jalapeno cream cheese softened
- 6 large leaves green leaf lettuce
- 6 thick-cut slices pepper-jack cheese
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips drained
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked
- 1 large Haas avocado thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 lb spicy or peppered deli turkey (or leftover turkey) thinly sliced
- Slice the sourdough bread round through the middle and remove some of the interior of the bread. (Place into a bag and freeze for later use.)
- Slice the tomatoes, and place them onto paper towels to allow the release of liquid.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise and cream cheese until fully blended.
- Toss avocado slices with lime juice.
- To assemble: Divide mayonnaise dressing spreading 1/2 on the bottom piece and 1/2 on the top piece of bread.
- Next, on the bottom piece of bread layer green leaf lettuce, pepper-jack cheese, and tomatoes. Season tomatoes with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Next layer red onion, red pepper strips, bacon, and avocado slices.
- Top with 1 lb spicy sliced deli turkey then place the bread round on top. (You may divide the turkey layers, if desired.)
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, use a sharp knife to slice into 6 wedges.