Greek-style lamb cutlets with braised white beans, Greek chicken and potatoes and Easy Greek Salad. You will definitely like these 3 deliciously greek recipes
Greek-style lamb cutlets with braised white beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Olive oil spray
- 12 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic then cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the beans, tomato and a splash of water, then season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill or large frypan over medium-high heat. Spray the cutlets with oil and rub with the oregano and some salt and pepper. Cook lamb in batches for 2-3 minutes each side for pink or until cooked to your liking.
- Stir parsley through the beans, then divide among plates and serve with the lamb, and lemon wedges if desired.
Greek chicken and potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 2 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano, plus extra
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus extra
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 8 chicken thighs , bone in, skin on or off
- 500 g | 17 1/2 oz potatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion , cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons cubed Feta cheese
- Combine marinade ingredients together in a large, shallow dish. Add the chicken and coat evenly. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes if rushed, 1 hour if time allows, or over night, turning each chicken thigh occasionally in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 220°C | 430°F. Spray a baking pan/sheet with cooking oil spray, or lightly grease with oil. Arrange the chicken, potatoes and onion wedges on the baking tray / sheet. Drizzle the potatoes and onion with a small amount of olive oil and juice from half of the lemon. Season chicken. potatoes and onion with the extra salt and pepper to taste, and extra oregano. Toss the potatoes and onion through the oil mixture to evenly coat. Slice the remaining lemon into thick slices and arrange over the chicken.
- Bake until the potatoes are golden/crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 30 minutes). Change oven setting to grill / broil on a medium heat setting for about 5 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Serve with olives and feta cheese.
Easy Greek Salad Recipe
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cucumber, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (preferably brine-cured), coarsely chopped
- A heaping half cup crumbled feta cheese
- Make dressing: Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, oregano, and dill together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- This can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Re-whisk before using.
- Combine salad ingredients: Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, olives in a bowl. Toss with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.