Jenga? Twister? Monopoly? No matter what game your family favors, these recipes are a must!
Pizza bread dough
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons yeast (or 2 packets)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 5-6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sandwich pepperoni works better than smaller slices, I use 1/2 pound sliced thinly
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Combine milk, water, and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter melts and the temperature reaches 110*.
- Pour liquid mixture into bowl of stand mixer. Sprinkle yeast and sugar over liquid. Mix in 1 cup flour, combine, then allow to sit and form a sponge, for about 10 minutes.
- Add in salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and 4 cups flour. Mix until dough clings to hook, adding additional flour (up to another cup) as needed. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Coat a large bowl with olive oil, place dough into a bowl, turning to coat.
- Cover, allow to rise in a warm place, until doubled, about an hour.
- Punch down dough, divide in half.
- Roll dough out.
- Cover with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Add 2 Tablespoons or so of sauce (take care to not use too much sauce).
- Roll tightly, pinching the ends.
- Fold the ends over to fit into a loaf pan.
- Place in greased loaf pans, folded ends down.
- Allow to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans, slice, and serve with pizza sauce.
- To make pizza sauce, simply combine all ingredients, and heat gently for 30 minutes or so. Serve warm sauce with Pizza Bread.
M&M Peanut Butter Dip
- 1 stick of butter – room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup M&M’s® Peanut Butter
- In a medium bowl, beat softened butter on medium speed until it is fluffy
- Add peanut butter, 3/4 cups confectioners sugar, milk, and vanilla extract – continue mixing
- Gradually add in the remaining confectioners sugar, add 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until smooth before adding more.
- Add cocoa powder, beating until well incorporated
- Crush 1/4 cup of M&M’s® Peanut Butter with a kitchen mallet or toss them in the processor for a quick chop
- Fold in crushed M&M’s® candies
- Top with remaining M&M’s® candies and serve with apples and pretzels
Hummus Party Dip Platter
- 4 cups prepared hummus
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- Add the pine nuts to a dry skillet. Over medium-low heat, lightly toast the pine nuts until they are lightly browned – about 4-5 minutes. Keep the pine nuts moving around the pan to avoid burning. Remove the toasted pine nuts from the skillet and transfer to a glass bowl. Set aside to cool completely.
- To assemble, fetch a large platter with slightly deep sides. This will prevent the oil from spilling over and will also allow you to spread the ingredients out so that every scoop of dip gets a little bit of everything!
- Start by spreading the hummus onto the patter – keep the hummus a good inch or two away from the edge of the platter. Create deep swirls in the hummus to catch the toppings and prevent them from sliding off.
- Next, drizzle over the sour cream. An easy way to do this is to add the sour cream to a small Ziploc bag and cut off a small portion of the lower corner. Squeeze the sour cream in a zigzag pattern over the hummus.
- In a small bowl, toss together the sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, and cucumber. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the hummus and sour cream layers.
- Next, sprinkle over the feta cheese, followed by the toasted pine nuts.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle over the ground black pepper and dried red chili flakes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leave your vote