Venezuelan Black Bean Soup Recipe, Linguine with Shrimp and Tomatoes, Chinese pepper steak. Make something different for dinner tonight
Venezuelan Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 250g of raw black beans
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 5 spring onions
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1.5 tsp of salt
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 500 ml of tomato passata
- 1 tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Water to cook the beans in
- Cook the beans as per packet instructions.
- In the meantime in a blender blitz the passata, onion, spring onions, garlic, and peppers.
- In a pot cook the mix for 20 min adding 1 tsp of the oregano, cumin, salt, and Worcester sauce,
- When the beans are halfway cooked, add the tomato sauce to the beans with 1/2 tsp of cumin, oregano, and salt, and leave to cook for approx 30 minutes or until the beans are soft. Stir occasionally to avoid the beans sticking to the pot.
- Once the beans are soft-serve immediately.
- If you like a more liquid soup add a little bit of water once the beans are cooked and stir.
Recipe by: Mi Terruño Food – www.miterrunofood,co.uk
Linguine with Shrimp and Tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs for al dente; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, core, halve, and seed the tomatoes. Blend the tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, the garlic, oregano, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a food processor to make a chunky sauce. Add to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, then add the shrimp in a single layer; cook, turning once, until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shrimp to the pasta, tossing to combine.
- Divide the pasta and shrimp among bowls. Drizzle with olive oil.
Chinese pepper steak
- 1 pound sirloin steak cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 large green bell peppers cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions optional
- Slice beef into 1/4 inch strips. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Add in beef broth, sugar, black pepper, ginger, and garlic. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add in beef and toss until seared, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add in another 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add in peppers and onions. Cook in the wok until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Add meat back into the wok. Add in ginger garlic sauce. Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- Garnish with sliced green onions (optional) and serve hot.
Leave your vote