Recipes for one to keep you company!
I’m not a single lady myself anymore. But, when I was, I discovered the love of mug meals! Easy to make, fast, and hardly any cleanup! What is better than that? So, here is a whole day of mug recipes to keep you company until your Mr. Right shows up!
Egg in a mug (thanks to www.mccormick.com)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped deli ham
- Spray microwavable mug with no-stick cooking spray. Mix all ingredients in mug with wire whisk until well blended.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 minute and 30 seconds or until eggs are set in center. Let stand 1 minute before serving. Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired.
Egg fried rice in a mug (thanks to www.healthynibblesandbits.com)
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped red pepper
- 1/2 stalk of green onion, sliced
- small pinch of mung bean sprouts
- small pinch of shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Place the rice into a large mug. Lay peas, red pepper, green onion, mung bean sprouts and cabbage on top. Cover the mug with cling film. Using a knife, puncture one or two small holes through the film. This step is important! You don’t want to scald yourself. Microwave on high for 1 minute 15 seconds.
- In the meantime, beat the egg and mix in the seasonings (soy sauce, sesame oil, onion powder, and five-spice powder). Pour the egg mixture into the mug, and stir with the vegetables and rice
- Cover the mug with cling film again, and microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds. Take the mug out of the microwave, and give everything a good stir. Let the fried rice stand for a minute to finish cooking. Use a fork to fluff up the rice and serve.
Spinach ricotta lasagna in a mug (thanks to www.healthynibblesandbits.com)
- 1/2 fresh lasagna sheet
- 2 1/2 cups (75g) baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 large basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp granulated garlic
- 6 TBS pasta sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Cut the lasagna sheet in half, and cut each strip in half again. Place the pasta sheets into a bowl, and pour very hot water in it, until it covers all the pieces. I used boiled hot water from my electric kettle. Set the pasta pieces aside.
- Chop spinach and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the top with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it for ventilation. Microwave for 1 minute. Take out the spinach and let it rest.
- Grate the mozzarella while you wait for the spinach to cool.
- Mix spinach with the ricotta, pepper, granulated garlic, and salt. Set mixture aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce at the bottom of the mug. Top with a piece of softened pasta sheet. Add some spinach mixture, 2 tablespoons of mozzarella, and pasta sheet. Continue building the lasagna, ending with a layer of pasta sheet at the top. Sprinkle mozzarella over the pasta.
- Microwave everything for 1 minute 30 seconds. Check to make sure that the mozzarella is melted. If it isn’t, continue microwaving at 15-second intervals until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve immediately
One minute chocolate cake in a mug (thanks to www.thetoastedpinenut.com)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- couple pinches of sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Whip Cream Topping:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter (you can also use refined coconut oil or ghee), agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works), and egg + yolk.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder, and sea salt and whisk to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the cake batter into two mugs.
- Microwave each mug for 1 minute.
- Optional: whip the heavy whipping cream on high until it just begins to get firm.
- Add the agave nectar and continue to whip until it turns to whip cream and has firm peaks.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top of each cooked mug cake and enjoy!!