Green bean casserole stuffed mushrooms, Lasagna and taco salad. My favorite recipes from Taste of Home
Green bean casserole stuffed mushrooms
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) french-style green beans, drained
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 30 whole baby portobello mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Place the green beans, 1/2 cup cheese, soup, water, nutmeg, pepper, and bacon mixture in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; fold in bread crumbs.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; discard stems or save for another use. Spritz mushroom caps with cooking spray; place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side down. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Drain liquid from caps; fill with green bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese and french-fried onions. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.
- Freeze option: After baking mushroom caps, drain and stuff mushrooms. Cool. Freeze on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to freezer containers; return to the freezer. To use, bake mushrooms as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage, beef, and onion over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up meat into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, 3 tablespoons parsley, basil, fennel, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and remaining parsley, and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread 2 cups meat sauce into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles and a third of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce and cheeses (dish will be full).
- Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes longer, or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup bean dip
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes plus 2 tablespoons liquid
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bean dip, chili powder, salt, and tomato liquid. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions, and olives. Add beef mixture; toss to coat. Top with chips. Serve immediately.
Leave your vote