Think you know pizza night? You haven’t seen anything yet! Pump up the volume on pizza night with these three oddball and delicious dynamite pizza recipes! Your friends and family will never know what hit them!
Strawberry Balsamic Pizza
Original recipe and article found at https://myperfectpie.com/strawberry-balsamic-pizza/
- 1 recipe simple pizza dough or sourdough pizza dough
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (divided amongst the servings)
- fresh basil for garnish (as much as you’d like!)
- Heat your oven to 500 °F. If using a pizza stone, allow the stone to heat in the oven for 30 minutes before baking on it.
- Stretch out one of the pizza dough rounds onto a pizza peel dusted with flour, or onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (if not using a pizza stone).
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese on top of the dough
- Sprinkle the strawberries on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze on top of the berries.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with about 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Slide your pizza into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling!
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Two pizzas in one, something for everyone!
Half #1: Pepperoni & Jalapeno Pizza
Original recipe and article found at https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/pepperoni-jalapeno-pizza/633364
- 14 ounces whole peeled tomatoes; not including juices
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 whole Pizza dough
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- Jalapeno peppers; chopped
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Drain canned tomatoes and puree in a food processor (or blender).
- Add olive oil, oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper and pulse to combine.
- Spread sauce over pizza dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge for the crust.
- Add the cheese, pepperoni, and chopped jalapenos
- Bake pizza for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and the crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Slice and serve.
Half #2: keep some ingredients the same and switch others out
So, for this half of the pizza, you will keep the same cheese and spices. But, you will trade the pepperoni for sliced sausage and deli-sliced ham, and you will trade the jalapenos for pickles.
Optional whole pizza addition: sliced mushrooms!
The Classic Portuguese Pizza
Original recipe and article can be found at https://www.oliviascuisine.com/portuguese-pizza/
- 1lbs pizza dough
- 1 cup homemade pizza sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3 slices uncured slow-cooked ham
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 25 black olives (I used kalamata olives)
- Oregano to taste
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees with the pizza stone inside.
- Sprinkle flour on your counter (or pizza peel, preferably) and roll your dough into a 16″ circle.
- If you have a pizza screen, transfer your dough to the screen as it will make it easier to slide it on and off the oven.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the dough, making sure you leave about 1 inch for a crust.
- Add the shredded mozzarella and then top with the ham, the olives, the onion, and the eggs.
- Sprinkle some oregano and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are cooked.
- Serve immediately.