Have picky eaters at home? Maybe even a picky spouse? Try one of these recipes tonight!
4 Picky eater approved Teriyaki chicken meatballs
The Easy Homemade Chicken Nugget Recipe for Kids
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs, flour, almond flour, or cornmeal
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (Optional)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- In one bowl, beat together eggs.
- In second bowl, mix together breadcrumbs (or flour), salt, and optional garlic powder
- Cut chicken into small pieces
- Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound chicken until thin
- Heat skillet on medium heat and let butter melt
- Dip chicken into egg and then into breadcrumbs or flour mixture
- Place breaded chicken into the pan and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
Sweet & savory blueberry sausage with rosemary
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage (if unseasoned, add a little salt, pepper, and sage)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Gently combine the pork, rosemary, and blueberries until well mixed (careful not to squish the berries).
- Form 8, 1/2″ thick patty rounds with the mixture.
- Heat a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium to medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Place the patties in a single layer in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes each side (or until cooked through).
Healthy Meals Picky Eaters will eat/ cheesy American goulash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, sauté until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper, sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula, as it cooks. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes (including the liquid), and water. Bring it to a simmer.
- Add the pasta to the goulash. Cover and transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the sauce thickened. Top with cheese and return to the oven, uncovered, until the cheese is melted.
Picky eater approved Teriyaki chicken meatballs
- 2 pounds ground chicken (you can substitute ground beef or pork or any combination of the three)
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1 large egg
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups bottled Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce or homemade teriyaki sauce
- Optional garnishes: Sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, Panko, egg, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 2-inch (golfball-sized) meatballs, forming about 30 meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto a prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve meatballs immediately with teriyaki sauce, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.
Leave your vote