For the first two recipes, the main stress-reducing element is the salmon. Salmon has a natural anti-inflammatory quality which is one of the essential components to reducing stress levels in the body.
Lemon Butter Seared Salmon
- 2/3 lb. salmon, skin on (we used 2 .33-lb. salmon filets)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, prep salmon by patting with a paper towel to remove moisture. Then, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon minced garlic into a skillet and set over medium/high heat. Place salmon skin side up in the pan and sear for 4 minutes. Flip salmon and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until barely pink in the middle.
- Once flakey and cooked, squeeze 1/2 lemon on top of salmon and sprinkle with fresh dill.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Healthy Salmon Avocado Boats
In addition to the salmon, this recipe also contains avocados which are a superfood and said to naturally help reduce stress levels in the body.
- 2 avocados, halved
- 2 cans Chicken of the Sea® Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon in EZ-Open Cans
- 2 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- optional: sriracha, to taste
- First, slice open 2 avocados and remove the pits. Set aside.
- Then, mix together the rest of the ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Fill each avocado half with 1/4 of the salmon salad. Top with sriracha and a squeeze of lemon.
Easy Turkey Roll-Ups
This recipe qualifies as ”stress-reducing” because it is low in sodium and high in nutrients. It’s also easy to make thus keeping the stress of making a meal reduced as well!
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1/2 cup spinach, not packed
- 2 oz. sliced provolone cheese
- 4 oz. sliced turkey turkey
- 1 large tortilla (I used a whole wheat/spinach blend)
- First, spread 2 tablespoons of sun-dried tomato paste on your tortilla.
- Top tomato paste with turkey slices and cheese. Finally, add on fresh spinach and basil leaves.
- Roll the tortilla tightly so that all ingredients stay wrapped up in the tortilla.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the roll-up into pinwheels.
- Stick a toothpick in each pinwheel to hold it together.
- Serve immediately or place into a meal prep container for lunch throughout the week.
De-Stressing Chocolate Pudding
According to the research I have done, this recipe qualifies as ”stress-reducing” because it contains superfoods such as avocados but it also contains unsweetened cocoa powder which is said to be a natural stress reducer.
- 3 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup cacao powder (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve & enjoy!