Rustic Crab Quiche, Creamy Seafood Lasagna, Simple Seafood Appetizers. Seafood recipes for enthusiasts.
Rustic Crab Quiche
- 1 9-inch pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper less if you don’t like spice, more if you do
- 1 pound crab meat preferably lump
- 1 1/4 cups gruyere cheese shredded, divided
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Place the pie pastry into a pie plate and press the crust firmly to the bottom and sides of the dish. Fold the overhanging parts under and use the tines of a fork or your fingers to create a decorative border. Place the pie plate on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the crab in a large mixing bowl. Pick through the meat with your fingers removing any cartilage or shells you might find. Add the sautéed onions and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the half and half. Add the salt, pepper, and cayenne, stirring to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the crab and stir. Add 1 cup of the gruyere cheese and stir until just combined. Transfer the crab mixture to the pie shell. Scatter the remaining gruyere cheese and parmesan on top of the quiche. Place the quiche in the oven and bake for 50 minutes to an hour until the center of the quiche is set. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before cutting.
Creamy Seafood Lasagna
- oven-ready lasagna sheets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 8 oz 225g cream cheese at room temperature
- 1½ cups of creamed cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lb 500g shrimp cooked, deveined and peeled
- ½ lb 250g imitation crab or seafood sticks
- ½ lb 250g fresh scallops optional
- 2 cans Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup condensed soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ dry white wine
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
- In a frying pan, sauté the onions in butter until caramelized. Place onions in the bowl with cream cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella, egg, herbs and salt and pepper. Mix together until combined.
- If using scallops, sauté them in butter for a few minutes until cooked.
- In a separate bowl mix together mushroom soup, milk, white wine, and seafood.
- Place a layer of oven ready lasagna noodles in a 9×13 lasagna pan. Spread ½ the cottage cheese mixture over the lasagna noodles. Spoon ½ the seafood mixture over the cottage cheese mixture. Add another layer of noodles and repeat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cover with foil, and place in a preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cook for about 10 minutes until it melts and starts to bubble. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing to allow it to set.
Simple Seafood Appetizers
- pkg. imitation crab meat 227g
- block of cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. seafood cocktail sauce I use the spicy variety
- mini pita pockets or crispy shells
- green onions for garnish
- Cut up the imitation crab meat.
- Mix in a softened block of cream cheese.
- Stir in the seafood cocktail sauce.
- Spoon this mixture into pita pockets or crispy shells.
- If desired, garnish with green onion slices.
Leave your vote