(should you have them this year)
Everything bagel sticks
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (8 inches by 12 inches), thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the white and black sesame seeds, salt, poppy seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, and granulated onion in a small bowl.
- Divide the puff pastry sheet in half crosswise, leaving two 8-by-6-inch sheets. Cut eight 1-inch strips from each sheet and twist each strip 6 to 8 times. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush each piece of puff pastry with the egg and sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then rotate. Bake until the pastry is golden brown, another 4 minutes.
Cranberry and goat cheese crostini
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (Or previously frozen)
- 1/4 c sliced red onion
- Salt/pepper, pinch
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4–5 gluten-free rolls, sliced 1/4 to 1/2 in thick
- 1/4 cup or so of soft goat cheese (or soft cheese of choice, vegan cream cheese works too!)
- Maple syrup or sugar to sweetened (to taste)
- 1/2 c – 2/3 cup bunch basil, stemmed and chopped
- Thyme 1 sprig
- cracked pepper and sea salt to taste (after baked).
- balsamic glaze to top
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spray a baking sheet with foil or line with parchment paper
- Make sure your onion is sliced or chopped so it will fit on the crostini.
- Mix together your olive oil and balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper in a small bowl. Add your onion and cranberries and toss to coat all.
- Spread coated cranberries and onion on a baking dish and bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- While cranberries are baking, you can also bake your gluten-free bread or do that after.
- Cut gluten-free rolls into 1/4 to 1/2 thick slices.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 7-10 minutes at 400F. Flip them over once during baking time.
- Remove from the oven. Place in a bowl and add enough maple syrup so the mixture doesn’t taste too tart. You will need to taste and adjust to your liking. Set aside.
- Place gluten-free toasted bread slices on a platter.
- Smear 2-3 tsp of goat cheese on each baked slice.
- Add 1/2 tbsp (or small spoon full) of the cranberry/onion/maple mix on top of each.
- Add a piece of chopped basil and thyme leaves onto each piece. Thyme is optional but delicious.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over each crostini.
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to finish! YUM!
- If the cranberry balsamic combo is too tart, add an additional sprinkle/ drizzle of sugar or maple syrup on top of each crostini. Optional.
- Serve right away or cover and place in the fridge for later.
Garlic and herb stuffed peppadew peppers
- 20-30 Peppadew piquant peppers
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 good handful fresh flatleaf parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese garlic, and chopped parsley, stirring until evenly incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to a piping bag and pipe the filling into the peppers
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours; let come to room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Leave your vote