Summer is here and it is time to show it some love! Let’s enjoy it while it lasts because before long, it will be autumn again and while there are things to love about each season, summer is short and delicate. Let’s use these recipes to bring on the summer lovin, or at least find some inspiration in them!
Let’s start with a drink (for adults 21 and over only)
- 2 oz. TX Whiskey
- ¾ oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. strawberry puree
- 1 oz. club soda
- 3-5 mint leaves
- ¾ oz. simple syrup
- Mix in a glass and top with ice and club soda.
Next, we have a delicious summer pizza!
- 12-16″ pizza crust (1/4 homemade Neapolitan Crust)
- 1/2-1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese (Miyoko’s Fresh VeganMozz)
- 4-6 oz Grilled Beyond Chicken Strips
- 1-2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 thinly sliced or julienned watermelon radish depending on size
- 1/2 c Farmhouse Pickled Taqueria Mix** (or sub ginger pickled carrots for less heat and make at home)
- 1/2-1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro leaves
- Sriracha Aioli
- 2-3 oz unsweetened dairy-free yogurt (Kite Hill Unsweetened Plain Yogurt)
- 1/2-2 TBSP Sriracha, to taste (Ninja Squirrel)
- 2-3 tsp vegan mayo or 1-2 TBSP vegan mayo
- Sriracha, to taste
- Vegan chicken spicy veggie pizza
- If making our Neapolitan Pizza Crust if using, you will have to make the dough 3 hours, 4 hours is best, ahead of time. It doesn’t take long to make you just have to let it rest and rise.
- In a bowl whisk together the ingredients to make the Sriracha Aioli. in the fridge until your pizza is cooked.
- Heat grill or oven, with pizza stone placed inside, to 550F if using my husband’s crust recipe otherwise heat per your pizza crust directions.
- In a skillet heat toasted sesame oil and cook Beyond Chicken per package instructions. Remove from heat.
- Toss or roll your pizza dough and place it on a piece of parchment paper on a non rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle or brush your crust with olive oil.
- Grate cheese and sprinkle over pizza.
- Chop Beyond Strips and sprinkle over pizza.
- Place pizza, keeping it on the parchment as it will easily slide on and off your pizza stone, onto the pizza stone. Check at 6 minutes, the crust should start to be golden brown and slightly blackened on the outer edges like a traditional Neapolitan pizza. It can take up to 8-10 minutes depending on the temperature of your grill/oven. If using your own crust bake per your crusts instructions.
- Remove pizza, sliding a baking sheet under the parchment paper.
- Let pizza cool a minute or two before toppings with watermelon radish, pickled taqueria, and jalapeño pepper.
- Drizzle Sriracha Drizzle over top and sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Finally, we finish the summer celebration with a light and refreshing salad!
- 2 cups of cooked long-grain rice
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of chopped shallots
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of chopped fresh peach
- ¾ cup of fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup of fresh strawberries
- 3 Tablespoons of toasted almonds
- Heat the saucepan, put almonds and toss it until it gets brown.
- Put the juice, shallots, vinegar, salt, oil, and pepper. Stir them together.
- Add the peach, berries, and cooked rice. Add more almonds. Then, whisk gently.