I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love cheese! I know I do! So, in celebration of cheese, here are some of the cheesiest recipes I could find!
Skillet mac n cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Optional toppings: fresh arugula, halved cherry tomatoes, and coarsely ground pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or another heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Add macaroni; cook and stir until heated through. Top as desired.
Cheesy bbq beef dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup french-fried onions
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, and minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread cream cheese onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread evenly with beef. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and red onion. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with french-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer. If desired, top with tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Slow cooker cheesy white lasagna
- 1 pound ground chicken or beef
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups Daisy 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil, optional
- Fold two 18-in. square pieces of heavy-duty foil into thirds. Crisscross strips and place on the bottom and up sides of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Set chicken aside.
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and carrots; cook and stir just until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 4-5 minutes. Stir in cream, cream cheese, cheddar, and Gouda cheeses. Return chicken to pot. In a large bowl, combine egg, cottage cheese, and basil.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture into a slow cooker. Layer with 3 noodles (breaking noodles as necessary to fit), 1 cup meat mixture, 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat mixture and cheese. Cook, covered, on low until noodles are tender, 3-4 hours. Remove the slow cooker insert and let it stand 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional basil.
Cheesy cheeseburger soup
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-3/4 pounds (about 4 cups) cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 4 cups shredded Velveeta
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Saute onion, carrots, celery, basil, and parsley until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes, ground beef, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir until bubbly, 3-5 minutes. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese, milk, salt, and pepper; cook until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.