I don’t think I’m alone when I say, “enough with the dishes already!”. Well, this is the beauty of one-pot recipes! Easy clean-up! So, I have chosen three one-pot recipes that are sure to impress any guest for any occasion!
Vegan Creamy Mushroom Ramen
- 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 4 oz. baby Bella mushrooms
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 package ramen noodles (discard seasoning)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- Slice the mushrooms. Add them to a small saucepot with the cooking oil and sauté over medium heat until the mushrooms are soft, dark, and all the moisture in the bottom of the pot has evaporated.
- Add the vegetable broth, turn the heat to medium-high, and bring the broth to a boil. Once boiling, add ramen noodles (without the seasoning packet) to the broth. Cook the noodles in the boiling broth for about 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Turn the heat off, add a heaping handful of fresh spinach, and stir until the spinach is wilted (about 30 seconds). Pour the coconut milk into the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve the Vegan Creamy Coconut Ramen as-is, or with garnishes like green onion or chili garlic sauce.
Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sriracha*
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 Tbsp neutral cooking oil
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- Prepare the stir fry sauce first. In a small bowl stir together soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, sriracha, and brown sugar. Set the sauce aside.
- Shred the vegetables so they are ready to go when you need them. Cut one small cabbage in half, remove the core, and then finely shred the leaves of one half the cabbage (4-6 cups once shredded, save the other half for another recipe). Peel two carrots, then use a cheese grater to shred them (1 cup shredded). Slice three green onions. Mince two cloves of garlic. Peel a knob of ginger using either a vegetable peeler or by scraping with the side of a spoon, then grate it using a small-holed cheese grater.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add cooking oil, ground beef, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the beef until browned (about five minutes).
- Add the cabbage and carrots to the skillet and continue to stir and cook until the cabbage is slightly wilted (or fully wilted, if you prefer). Stir in the prepared sauce and the green onions. Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a drizzle of sriracha, then serve.
20 Minute Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cups chicken broth*
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 8 oz. linguine
- 1/4 lb. fresh baby spinach (1/2 of 8oz bag)
- 15 oz. can quarter artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Mince the garlic and add it to a deep skillet with butter. Sauté the garlic in butter over medium heat for one to two minutes, or just until it’s tender and fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, milk, salt, some freshly cracked pepper, and the pasta to the skillet (break the pasta in half first for easy stirring). Make sure the pasta is fully submerged, then place a lid on the skillet. Allow the skillet to come to a simmer, then immediately turn the heat down to low.
- Allow the pasta to simmer in the liquid for about 12 minutes, or until it’s al dente. Stir the pasta every few minutes to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Adjust the heat if needed to make sure the liquid maintains a gentle simmer. While the pasta is simmering, drain the artichoke hearts and then roughly chop them into slightly smaller pieces.
- Once the pasta is tender, turn off the heat. The sauce may still be slightly thin, but it will continue to thicken and absorb as the rest of the ingredients are added. Add the spinach, a handful at a time, to the hot pasta and sauce and toss it in the pasta until it wilts.
- Stir the chopped artichoke hearts into the pasta. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of grated Parmesan over the pasta, then stir slightly to incorporate the Parmesan. Top with an additional 2 Tbsp of Parmesan then serve.
Leave your vote