We may not be able to gather with the ones we love like we have in past years, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate!
These autumn beverages are an essential part of celebrating and enjoying the Fall season.
Fall Sangria with Apple Cider
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1/2 orange
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 750 ml bottle dry red wine, such as Rioja
- 1 750 ml bottle sparkling cider or apple cider
- Optional garnishes: Cinnamon stick, rosemary sprig, remaining orange slices
- Thinly slice the apple, pear, and orange. Place them into a medium bowl and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Transfer to a large pitcher. Allow to stand for 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- After 1 hour, pour in the red wine. You can use it immediately, or chill for up to 3 hours.
- To serve, fill a glass with ice. Fill halfway with sparkling apple cider, then halfway with red wine mixture. Garnish with cinnamon stick, rosemary, or orange slices. When you’ve polished off the sangria, you can snack on the sweetened fruit.
Warm Pumpkin Spice Drink
- 1 cup whole milk, heated until very warm
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- Cinnamon, optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Remove the center cap from the lid of the blender and use a folded kitchen towel to loosely hold the cap over the hole in a manner that steam can escape.
- Turn on the blender to low and then increase it to high. Blend ingredients until frothy.
- Transfer mixture to a mug, top with whipped cream, if desired, and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- You may use 2%, 1%, or skim milk in place of whole milk, but the drink won’t be quite as rich and creamy with low-fat milk.
- You may adjust the sweetness and level of spice by increasing or decreasing the sugar and pumpkin pie spice as desired.
- To make a DAIRY-FREE version, substitute unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk) for the regular milk.
- Mix with coffee to turn this drink into a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- I wouldn’t recommend making more than 2 servings at a time in the blender, as the mixture will rise up when you first turn on the blender and you don’t want it to shoot out the top!
Autumn Spiced Rum Cider Cocktail
Spiced Apple Cider
- 4 cups apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3-star anise
- 1 1/2 ounces spiced rum
- 1/2 cup spiced apple cider
- 1/2 cup hard cider
- 2-3 dashes lemon bitters
- To make the spiced apple cider, combine the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, and star anise in a sealable container like a mason jar. If using optional spices, add them now. Seal the container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Shake well before using.
- To make the autumn spiced rum cider cocktail, fill a rocks glass with ice. Pour the spiced rum and spiced apple cider over the ice. Stir well. Top with hard cider and lemon bitters.
- 2 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
- 1 part DeKuyper® Hazelnut Schnapps Liqueur
- 3 parts Pear Nectar
- Cinnamon, Ground
- Cayenne Pepper Mix
- In a martini shaker, mix the ingredients with ice and shake. Shake into a martini glass that has been rimmed with a Sugar/Cinnamon/Cayenne Pepper Mix.