Did you think that smoothies were only for summertime? Well, think again! Smoothies, when made with healthy ingredients, are a great meal replacement any time of the year! This, of course, includes Autumn. The following recipes are just a few incredible, flavorful, and nutritious smoothies themed around Autumn! Make them for you and a friend, they are sure to be a big hit!
Oatmeal Pear Smoothie
This oatmeal and pear smoothie is perfectly flavored for early Autumn! In addition to the oatmeal and pear, it also consists of almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, ginger, and cinnamon!
(thanks to www.helloglow.co)
- 1 large pear, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup rolled or quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp ginger, finely grated
- pinch cinnamon plus more for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend thoroughly, pour into a glass and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Pumpkin Apple Smoothie
Another perfect Autumn smoothie recipe! This one also used maple syrup and almond milk in addition to the pumpkin and apple flavors! Also, there are notes of turmeric and vanilla!
(thanks to www.mccormick.com)
- 1 Gala or Fuji apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients, except ice cubes, in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed 1 minute.
- Add ice cubes. Blend on high speed until smooth.
Autumn Glow Milkshake
The Autumn Glow recipe is more of a milkshake than a smoothie. But, I was so impressed by its diverse ingredients that I just had to see what it was all about! This recipe intertwines the flavors of sweet potato, cauliflower, almond milk, and honey! This recipe is said to make you glow from all of the nutritional elements it contains!
(thanks to www.pinchofyum.com)
A glow-worthy “milkshake” that is loaded with nutrients and tastes like ice cream. Awesome for breakfasts on the go.
- 1 cup frozen sweet potato, steamed (see notes)
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 scoop of your fave protein powder (vanilla is best)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- a pinch of sea salt
- Blend everything up in a high-powered blender until smooth.
- Add more almond milk as needed to keep it moving smoothly.
- Serve topped with granola, banana slices, fruit, a drizzle of almond butter, or whatever your heart desires.
Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl
This smoothie recipe sounds pretty cut and dry from the title of it, doesn’t it? However, it packs a punch and has a surprise flavor you likely wouldn’t find in a typical apple pie! These flavors include agave, yogurt, granola, cinnamon, and bananas! That’s right! I said bananas! While bananas are not typically added to an apple our recipe, they make perfect additions to this one!
(thanks to www.taramulticulturaltable.com)
- 2 small apples peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 large apple slice
- 1 tablespoon apples diced
- 1 tablespoon granola
- 1 tablespoon yogurt drizzle
- Dash of cinnamon
- Combine all smoothie bowl ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
Pour into a bowl and add toppin