Pasta can be made and used in several different dishes and can be paired with vegetables, meat, and even seafood! But, which brands are the best? Here is what I found!
If you are making a dish using short pasta
The best pasta for this type of dish would be the Barilla Collezione Penne.
Penne pasta is a great option for beginner home chefs because it’s kind of hard to mess up. Penne is a hardier style of pasta so it can stand a little extra boiling compared to something more delicate like angel hair pasta.
Barilla Collezione Penne is perfect for:
- Penne Pasta Bake https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/baked-penne-recipe/
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Penne https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52927/creamy-garlic-chicken-penne-recipe/
- Penne pasta with cream sauce, mushrooms, chicken, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/chicken-penne-pasta/
If you’re making a dish using long pasta
The best pasta for this type of dish would be the De Cecco Spaghetti no.12.
Spaghetti may seem like a boring type of pasta but it can be pretty versatile. Spaghetti is probably the first type of pasta that people try to make because it can seem simple and straightforward. For the most part, it is! It’s also not as delicate as pasta compared to angel hair so it isn’t too easy to overcook. Although there is a good chance that you will undercook it at least once.
De Cecco Spaghetti no.12 would be perfect for:
- Spaghetti with ground beef sauce https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/158140/spaghetti-sauce-with-ground-beef/
- Baked spaghetti https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/baked-spaghetti-3361814
- Garlicky spaghetti https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a22537192/garlic-spaghetti-recipe/
If you’re making a dish using gluten-free pasta
The best pasta for this type of dish would be the Brown Rice Pasta Fusilli.
Gluten-free pasta probably isn’t on your grocery list unless you have a dietary requirement for it. But, what don’t I know?
Brown Rice Pasta Fusilli would be perfect for:
- Avocado pesto brown rice fusilli https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/920612-avocado-pesto-brown-rice-fusilli
- Chicken sausage with brown rice fusilli https://hayliepomroy.com/blogs/recipes/chicken-sausage-with-brown-rice-fusilli
- Ginger veggie brown rice pasta https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ginger-veggie-brown-rice-pasta/
If you’re making a dish using whole wheat pasta
The best pasta for this type of dish is Garofalo Whole Wheat Spaghetti.
Whole wheat pasta is a healthier pasta option. It provides more fiber in addition to other vitamins and minerals that regular pasta doesn’t.
Garofalo Whole Wheat Spaghetti would work well in any of the spaghetti recipes listed above as well as the following:
- Whole wheat spaghetti with lemon, basil, and salmon https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/whole-wheat-spaghetti-with-lemon-basil-and-salmon-recipe-1937647
- Whole wheat spaghetti with chickpeas, broccoli, and garlic https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/whole-wheat-spaghetti-with-broccoli-chickpeas-and-garlic-231366
- Whole wheat spaghetti with corn and parsley pesto https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-corn-spaghetti-with-parsley-pesto-recipes-from-the-kitchn-211150
If you’re making a dish using expensive pasta
The best pasta for this type of dish is Faella Mezzi Paccheri.
Faella Mezzi Paccheri is a great option if you’re making dinner with your spouse for a special occasion or, if you can afford this style of pasta then you may choose to use it for everyday pasta recipes.
Faella Mezzi Paccheri would work perfectly for:
- Paccheri pasta with sausage https://juliasalbum.com/paccheri-with-sausage/
- Stuffed baked Paccheri https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/baked-paccheri/
- Paccheri pasta with spinach and cauliflower https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/paccheri-pasta-with-cauliflower-and-spinach-recipe-1949036
If you’re making a dish using stuffed pasta
The best pasta for this type of dish is Giovanni Rana Cheese Lovers Tortelloni.
Stuffed pasta is typically made using lasagna noodles, ravioli noodles, tortellini noodles, or even jumbo shell noodles. The pasta is then stuffed with a blend of ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and herbs (or a variety of other ingredients).
Giovanni Rana Cheese Lovers Tortelloni would work well in your favorite sauce with a side of garlic bread and salad. Or, it would work well for:
- Baked tortellini in meat sauce https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/baked-tortellini/
- Spinach tomato tortellini https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/76129/spinach-tomato-tortellini/
- Easy tortellini soup https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/easy-tortellini-soup/