Even though summer is about to knock on our doors we are starting to feel the heat waves. This means we are starting to look for a refreshing way to emprise and at the same time enjoy summer. But what about if you really love soup but in the summer you just can’t make yourself have one bowl of hot soup. Most soups that we make during fall and winter and not tasty eaten cold and that is why you need special summer soups.
The 3 summer soups I am going to share are made from only fresh ingredients that will provide you with many important nutrients. So, if you are a soup lover and you want to stay healthy and hydrated this summer you must try these recipes.
1. Tomato Soup
Low – fat, low – calorie refreshing soup that you will definitely love. But, when buying the ingredients for this soup make sure to get the freshest tomatoes, if you don’t you will be disappointed.
Prep: 10min Cook: 10 min Total Time: 15min Servings: 4
- 1 bunch chopped fresh Basil
- 2 lb. Tomatoes
- 2 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Black pepper and salt to taste
1. In a blender or food processor blend all ingredients until smooth.
2. Transfer into a saucepan. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes at low heat.
3. Set aside and let it cool down to room temperature and transfer into the fridge to chill.
4. Once chilled serve and enjoy!
2. Cold and Creamy Cucumber Yogurt Soup
Prep: 25 min Cook: / Total: 25min Servings: 4 – 6
The supreme refreshing and easy cucumber soup that you will
start to make almost every day this summer. First, because it is super simple
to make, no cooking required, and second it is healthy and delicious.
- 2 Cucumbers, sliced (peeled)
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 1 minced Shallot
- ¼ tsp. Cumin, ground
- 1 minced Garlic clove
- 1 Lime, the juice
- 1 – 3 tsp. Chopped dill, fresh
- Salt to taste
1. Cover a pan with paper towels and lay the cucumber slices. Salt them well and let them sit for 15-20 minutes in order to release the moisture.
2. Add all ingredients in a blender and puree for 1 minute or until smooth.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
4. Chill and serve. Enjoy!
3. Strawberry Soup
Prep: 10 min Cook: / Total: 10 min Servings: 4 – 6
Creamy strawberry soup with vanilla and coconut yogurts. This chilled soup is one irresistible dish that can also be served as a dessert.
- 1 cup of Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 lb. Strawberries
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- ½ cup of Orange Juice
- 1 / 3 cup of Coconut cream
- 3 – 4 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 /4 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp. Ginger, ground
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
For Garnish (optional):
- Whipped Cream
- Orange Zest
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. If you want a thinner soup to add more juice but if you want thicker add more yogurt.
2. Place in the fridge to chill for about 2 hours.
3. Serve topped with mint, whipped cream and orange zest and enjoy!
Once you try these recipes you will see what you have been missing you. Make sure that you share these recipes and give others the chance to enjoy a refreshing summer this year.