What foods to eat to heal your ailments!Contents hide
Eating a healthy and balanced diet is essential no matter who you are. But, there are some foods that are said to have “healing powers” that should be eaten to ease certain ailments.
One of the great benefits of greek yogurt is that it is a wonderful source of calcium. This is especially beneficial to women as we tend to become calcium deficient as we age. This, of course, can lead to osteoporosis and a host of other problems. Calcium is essential for strong and healthy bones which in turn can help prevent some injuries as well as encourage healing.
Other benefits of Greek yogurt include:
- Lowering blood pressure
- Improve digestive system health
- Improve mental health
- Reduce excessive appetite
- Boost metabolism
- Build muscle mass
- Reduce the risk of diabetes
Soy is a great source of fiber which greatly improved the health of the digestive system. Soy also contains omega 3 which can help improve the cardiovascular system and lower the risk of disease.
Other benefits of soy include:
- Lowering blood pressure
- Cholesterol free and low in fat
- Protein supplement
- Great source for B-vitamins, iron, zinc, antioxidants, vitamin B 12, calcium, and vitamin D
Citrus fruits have a long list of health benefits but the best of all it is possible that they boost the immune system and help fight infection!
Other benefits of citrus fruits include:
- Brightening the skin
- Improving mood
- Some of the best essential oils you can find come from citrus fruits
- Help prevent kidney disease
- Stimulate brain and nerve function
Hot peppers are called that for a reason, they will surely turn the inside of your mouth into an erupting volcano of heat. However, hot peppers are wonderful for relieving pain, especially in your joints! Though this benefit occurs when the capsaicin from the hot pepper is applied to the skin. It will cool and realize the pain in your aching joints.
Hot peppers also contain a combination of the B vitamins which contribute to improving stress levels.
Other benefits of hot peppers include:
- Protection against heart disease
- Reduce cholesterol levels
- Release endorphins to improve systems of depression
- Antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Assist in weight loss
Kale supports heart health and eye health. Kale is a wonderful leafy green that would vastly improve your health in so many ways.
Other benefits of kale include:
- Contains fiber
- Contains antioxidants
- Contains vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and calcium
- Helps protect against diabetes with fiber and antioxidants
- Supports heart health with potassium and fiber
- May help prevent cancer
- Increases bone density
- Prevent constipation
- Improves the appearance of skin and growth of hair
- Reduce the risk of macular degeneration
This Chinese cabbage is wonderful for reducing inflammation and boosting the immune system!
Other benefits of bok choy include:
- Help maintain heart health
- Decrease blood pressure
- Promotes collagen growth
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels
Alfalfa is not as common of an ingredient as the other previously listed items, but it too offers a list of health benefits. One of the best healing benefits includes its powers to reduce symptoms related to menopause.
Other benefits of alfalfa include:
- Antioxidant properties
- Lowers blood sugar and improves metabolic health
- Lower cholesterol
Water, soup broth, tea
In addition to the variety of foods listed above to help in the healing process of wounds and other ailments, it is equally important to stay hydrated. Water is always a safe go-to in any situation. Soup broth offers a hydrating quality combined with some flavor and warmth. Tea is also a great option for hydration and warmth but, tea contains its own host of benefits including antioxidants.