The sound of pasta alone rolling off the tongues of Italians can make one extremely hungry. Pasta can be eaten with almost anything, ranging from shrimp to turkey. But one of my favorites is meatballs. The Nonnina restaurant serves a deliciously prepared pasta with meatballs as part of their dinner menu.
The interesting thing about this food is that it doesn’t require so much stress. You can do the barest minimum and still get an almost perfect result. Pasta and meatballs typically consist of minced meat, minced pork, tomato sauce and spaghetti. It can be very easy to whip up with basic everyday ingredients found in the home.
Pasta and Meatballs Recipe
Now, as you would find in this recipe, it has both an Italian and American twist. It is true that not only Italians can make a perfect past, it does not mean you can’t also. I usually make mine with tomato sauce but most people don’t really fancy tomato sauce because of the acidic taste, but there is a way to get rid of the acidic taste. By adding sweet bell peppers that acidic taste is gotten rid of and you can enjoy your meal.
You would also notice the inclusion of breadcrumbs in this recipe. Breadcrumbs inclusion because it helps to improve the texture of the meatballs, giving it this extra chewy enjoyable texture.
If sourcing for breadcrumbs is a problem, you can make it at home. By soaking at least two slices of bread in liquid milk until the bread is soggy and then squeezing out the milk thereafter produces nice enough breadcrumb. After that, just combine evenly with minced meat to get same result.
Let’s cook this amazing meal together with the help of the step by step recipe in this article.
1. SAUCE RECIPE
Canned tomatoes (any product of your choice) or fresh tomatoes
½ teaspoon dried oregano
8 finely crushed garlic cloves
Salt and sugar to taste
- Put the fry pan, over a medium heat and heat the oil. After, add finely chopped onions, diced carrots, and chili pepper sauce. Stir continuously and allow to cook for 6 minutes to soften.
- Add blended fresh tomatoes or crushed canned tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add salt and sugar for taste and continue to stir to obtain an even mix.
2. MEATBALLS RECIPE
1 pound Ground beef
1 pound Ground pork
11/3 cups of milk
4 cloves of garlic, peeled, washed and crushed
½ cup of fresh basil
¾ grated cheese (product of choice)
1 cup of dried bread crumb
Salt to taste
- Put the grounded meat and pork in a bowl and hand mix together.
- Using a food processor, blend the milk, eggs, garlic, thyme, basil, parsley, cayenne and salt. Blend until the mix is pulpy.
- Add the blended pulpy mix to the meat and mix to combine. Add cheese and breadcrumbs next to improve texture. Mix breadcrumb, cheese and blended pulpy together, gently until you are satisfied with the mix. Be cautious enough to not over work the ground meat.
- To obtain the ball shape use any deep spoon. I use the ice cream scoop for mine to obtain an even shape for all meat balls. Place all shaped meatballs on a baking sheet place in the oven. Allow to bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350oF. add tomato sauce to the meat ball and allow to set.
3. PASTA RECIPE
Fresh pasta (any product of your choice)
- Break pasta into sizes of your choice into an already boiling pot of water. Boil pasta according to instructions on pasta packet.
- Drain out water from pasta using a food filter.
- Season the pasta with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta with the tomato sauce or serve separately with the meatballs and tomato sauce on top the pasta.
Nice one dear