Using bacon, chocolate, or peanut butter!
I recently heard of a challenge. A person asked someone to list a meal or dish that could not be made anything taste better with the addition of bacon, chocolate, or peanut butter. Here are some recipes that are instantly made better after one of these three ingredients is added!
Adding in bacon!
You could make this delicious creamy garlic shrimp in Parmesan sauce https://therecipecritic.com/creamy-parmesan-garlic-shrimp-pasta/. Or, you could make it with bacon!
Easy Garlic Shrimp with Bacon in Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- lemon slices, for serving
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the chopped bacon into the hot skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or to the desired crispiness. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt.
- Stir in shrimp and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until just cooked through and pink. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken broth to the hot skillet and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning; lower heat to a steady simmer and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy and thickened.
- Return bacon and shrimp to the skillet and let simmer for a minute, or just until heated through.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the shrimp; stir and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Adding in chocolate
You could have snickerdoodle cookies like these https://www.thebakingchocolatess.com/home-made-snickerdoodle-cookie-bars/. Or, you could have snickerdoodles with chocolate!
Chocolate Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (or GF baking mix)
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line several baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar together on high speed, until light and fluffy. (about 3–5 minutes) Then beat in the eggs and scrape the bowl with a spatula. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture, until just combined. Do not overmix the dough.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Use a 1 1/2-tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out dough balls. Roll each ball in your hands to even them out, then roll in cinnamon sugar to thoroughly coat.
- Place the balls on prepared baking sheets, 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 8–9 minutes, until just barely golden around the edges. Cool for several minutes on the baking sheets before moving.
Adding in peanut butter
You could have brownies like these https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/10549/best-brownies/. Or, you could have brownies with peanut butter like these https://www.momontimeout.com/the-best-peanut-butter-brownies-recipe/#wprm-recipe-container-18422!