Whether you just eat the tops, just eat the bottoms, or you chow down on the whole thing, you cannot deny how much you love muffins! February 20th is national muffin day! So, let’s celebrate with these muffintastic recipes!
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 (7 Ounce) Almond Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia (Or 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon & 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extracts)
- 1/2 Stick or 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt (I Used Fat-Free Fage Brand)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Heaping Cup Raspberries or Blueberries
- Spoon the batter
- Slivered Almonds
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 12 medium or 9 count large muffin tin or line with muffin papers.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in one bowl.
- Use a box grater to grate the almond paste into the flour mixture, then use your fingertips to work it through.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, yogurt, zest, extract, and egg until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together just until mixed. (If adding berries, add at this time)
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle the top with the slivered almonds.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until light golden brown and set.
- Cool to room temperature, then lightly dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Maple pecan banana muffins
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple sugar, or brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cupcake tin with liners.
- Mash bananas in a bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and 1/4 cup maple sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add egg whites, mashed bananas, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla; beat at medium speed until mixed well, scraping downsides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture, then blend at a low speed until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Spread the pecans evenly over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins on the center rack for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream 150g
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 240g
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50g
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 375F and line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners (or lightly grease and flour).
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, and milk. Stir in eggs and vanilla until well-combined.
- Gently fold in sour cream until just combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture gently into the wet mixture, folding until just barely combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop chocolate muffin batter into prepared muffin tin, filling 2/3-3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake on 375F for 18 minutes (toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a few slightly fudgy crumbs).
Leave your vote