Creamy puree made form pumpkin served with mushroom is the best main dish when you don’t want to cook and eat meat. I have those days when I don’t like to eat meat and then I always think of a recipe that will satisfy my hunger but also my taste buds. In fall I love pumpkin, baked, soups, and puree, so I decided to share the best way to make a pumpkin puree that will surprise how delicious it can be. I serve this puree with mushrooms as a meat substitute. If you are vegetarian this dish is perfect for you too.
Prep: 10min Cook: 15min Total Time: 25min Servings:
- 1 medium Pumpkin
- Black pepper
- 4 tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 tbsp. Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Garlic cloves
- 6 Parsley sprigs
- ½ lb. Mushrooms
- 1 Onion, small
- ½ cup of Crème Fraiche
- 1 rosemary sprig
- ½ cup of Milk
- 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
1. Preheat oven 350F. Cut the pumpkin in half. Remove the seeds and place them on a baking tray or dish. Drizzle with oil and season with black pepper and salt. Bake 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime toast the seeds in a pan for 3 minutes. Chop the garlic and parsley. In a bowl combine 2 tbsp. oil, pumpkin seeds, black pepper, and salt. Set aside.
3. Slice the onion and mushrooms. Place a skillet over medium-high heat and grease with olive oil. Cook the onions and mushrooms for 4 minutes. Add the crème Fraiche and rosemary, mix. Cook 3 minutes more.
4. Boil the milk with nutmeg, black pepper, and salt.
5. Scrape the pumpkin flesh. Combine the milk with the pumpkin and mix well.
6. Arrange the puree with the mushrooms and pour the pumpkin seeds mixture.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Simple right? Well, it is, and you will still get a delicious meal. You can also use this recipe as a side dish for pork, chicken, and beef. Also, it can be served with fish. Now you learned a recipe that can be of help in many dishes. Surprise everyone with your new recipe. Serve for a friend that follows a vegetarian diet or as a side dish on a special dinner night.