Hearty Skillet Supper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 1 cup Birds Eye® Mixed Vegetables
- 6 ounces dry whole wheat medium shell pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta are tender. Sprinkle it with cheese.
Skinny one-pan skillet Caribbean jerk chicken
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 habanero chile seeded and finely chopped (important to remove the seeds, this puppy is HOT, handle with care)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the mango salsa
- 2 large mangos peeled pitted and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- In a high powered blender, combine the green onions, garlic, chile, lime juice, soy sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and pepper. Process until fully combined and smooth.
- Coat all four chicken breasts generously with the jerk paste. Place in a large ziplock bag and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to make the dish, preheat the oven to 350F and remove chicken from the fridge.
- Make your mango salsa by combining all the ingredients in a medium bowl and setting aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the 1 tablespoon olive oil. Swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Add all four chicken breasts into the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, searing but not completely cooking the chicken through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and cover in the mango salsa.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through (no pink)
- Garnish with more cilantro and chopped jalapeño if desired.
Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 cups dried orzo
- 1 cup of water
- 1 (700mL) jar tomato/spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- Chicken Parmesan
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, coat each chicken breast in egg, then in flour, then in breadcrumbs. Sprinkle it with salt & pepper, then place in a skillet and fry for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- When breading becomes a bit more solid, continue to fry chicken in the middle of the pan and add garlic and mushrooms around, sautéing for about 5 min.
- Add orzo, water, and tomato sauce, then bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium, then cover the skillet with a well-fitting lid and let simmer for about 12-15 min, checking and stirring often until orzo and chicken are completely cooked through.
- Remove the lid and add cheese to the tops of each chicken breast. Stir in spinach and cover with lid again, cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
Leave your vote