I think we are all itching for an outing after being in quarantine for so long. But, since alcoholism has been on the rise, maybe the best thing we can do is get out and get clean! So, here are several summer drink recipes that have been created without the use of alcohol but are still refreshing and delicious! Although, alcohol can be added if you want to shake things up!
If you’re planning a family camping trip
Non-Alcoholic Moscow Mule
- 1 lime (1-2 tablespoons juice, fresh is best)
- 1 TBSP simple syrup
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 3-4 mint leaves (torn, optional)
- 3/4 cup Ginger Beer (make sure it’s nonalcoholic)
- crushed ice
- At the bottom of the cup, pour juice from the lime, simple syrup, and club soda.
- Add mint leaves if desired.
- Fill the cup about halfway with ice.
- Then pour about 3/4 a cup of ginger beer over the ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and a lime wedge if desired, and serve.
If you’re having a picnic in the park with friends
Cardinal Punch Mocktail
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1-ounce orange juice
- 2 ounces ginger ale
- Garnish: lemon and orange slices
- Pour the juices into a Collins glass half-filled with ice cubes.
- Top with the ginger ale.
- Garnish with orange and lemon slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re going out on a date with your spouse
Refreshing non-alcoholic mojito
- 4-5 pieces of 1-2″ pineapple pieces
- 4-5 leaves fresh mint
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup chilled grape juice (if possible freshly prepared at home)
- 1/2 cup chilled sparkling water or soda
- 1 tsp agave (optional to adjust sweetness)
- ice cubes to serve
- few lime slices to garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, add pineapple pieces and muddle them using the back of a wooden spatula for a couple of mins or until all pineapple pieces have broken into small pieces. Then, add mint leaves and again muddle for a few seconds to just bruise the leaves and release the essential flavors.
- Transfer the muddled mixture into a serving glass. Add ice cubes followed by grape juice, lime juice, sparkling water, or soda.
- Adjust sweetener if necessary. Give it a gentle mix, add a couple of lime slices and enjoy a glass of pineapple mojito this summer
If you’re having a girls night in
Hibiscus Coconut Fizz Non-Alcoholic Cocktail Recipe
- 2 Hibiscus tea bags
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1.5 oz Hibiscus Rosemary syrup
- 2-3 dashes Orange bitters
- 1 can Coconut flavored sparkling water La Croix is so delish!
- Fresh lime wedges
Make the Hibiscus Rosemary simple syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water, Heat over high heat until water is boiling. Whisk until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Then add the tea bags and Rosemary sprigs. Reduce heat to a simmer. Let the mixture steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. Remove the tea bags and Rosemary. Pour into a small jar. Then refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
Make the cocktail
- Fill a rocks glass with ice. Add syrup, sparkling water, and bitters. Stir well with a bar spoon.
- Add a squeeze of lime. Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh Rosemary.