Are you a self-diagnosed foodie on the hunt for new grub to try? I bet you are! So, let’s find out which towns in the United States are the best ones for food lovers to visit and which restaurants are worth it!
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA was named in one of Yelp’s lists of Best Food in 2019. According to http://www.youramazingplaces.com/5-foodie-destinations-san-francisco/ the top 5 best foodie destinations in this city include:
- Bistro Boudin 4.3 stars out of 5-Clam chowder and sourdough bread bowls
- Z and Y restaurant 4.2 stars out of 5-Chinese whole fish with spicy sauce
- Buena Vista 4.6 stars out of 5-Irish coffee
- Trader Vic’s 4.4 stars out of 5-Mai Tai
- Tadich Grill 4.5 stars out of 5-crab cioppino
San Franciscans (locals) will often recommend the following restaurants as their favorite hangouts in town:
- Skool 4.4 stars out of 5-seafood
- Olea 4.3 stars out of 5-brunch food
- Beretta 4.5 stars out of 5-a local Italian restaurant
- Pork store cafe 4.5 stars out of 5-old school American food
- Hawker Fare 4.2 stars out of 5-a trendy bar scene
Austin, Texas is another foodie town that is constantly found on ”the best food” lists. Food in Texas varies just like anywhere else, but if I go to Texas I expect to find really outstanding barbeque (among other things!). The following are some of the most popular restaurants in Austin, Texas.
- Fareground 4.5 stars out of 5-food court and having something for everyone
- Salt and Time 4.5 stars out of 5-a burger joint
- Valentina’s Tex Mex 4.7 stars out of 5-Tex Mex food
- Franklin Barbecue 4.7 stars out of 5- Perfect for barbecue lovers
- Jacoby’s Restaurant and Mercantile 4.4 stars out of 5-any occasion American food
Locals in Austin, Texas highly recommend:
- Barley Swine 4.7 stars out of 5-American small plates
- Odd Duck 4.6 stars out of 5-Upscale New American
- Uchi 4.7 stars out of 5-Sophisticated Sushi
- Emmer and Rye 4.5 stars out of the 5-ever-changing menu to reflect local in-season goods, in-home full butchery, and home-milled grains
- Launderette 4.6 stars out of 5- converted gas station/laundromat turned polished cafe serves New American food
Boston, Massachusetts is one of my personal favorite cities in the United States. The energy is contagious and is 100% ideal in my book. As far as Boston, Massachusetts being a foodie town? Well, you may want to consider these restaurants while you’re in town.
- Ostra 4.6 stars out of 5-Seafood
- Gene’s Chinese Flatbread Cafe 4.6 stars out of 5-Chinese
- Mistral 4.6 stars out of 5-Mediterranean
- Sweet Cheeks Q 4.4 stars out of 5-Barbecue
- Galleria Umberto 4.8 stars out of 5-Pizza
This is one of the best collections of restaurants on any of the list so far. They are diverse, highly rated, and foodie favorites! However, the locals would recommend these Boston faves!
- Toro Boston 4.5 stars out of 5-Spanish
- Saltie Girl 4.6 out of 5- Seafood
- Sweet Cheeks Q 4.4 stars out of 5- Barbecue
- SRV 4.6 stars out of 5-Italian
- Bar Mezzana 4.6 stars out of 5-Italian
For the first time, a restaurant has fallen on both the foodie list and the local faves list, Sweet Cheeks Q! Obviously, this place is a must-try in Boston!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Fort Lauderdale, Florida is often thought of as a Spring Break destination for the college crowd. If these college kids are self-diagnosed foodies, they may want to check out one of these restaurants:
- The Bake Bar Ristorante 4.8 stars out of 5-Italian
- Milk Money Bar Kitchen 4.5 stars out of 5-American
- Shooter’s Waterfront 4.4 stars out of 5-American Seafood
- Gilbert’s 17th Street Grill 4.7 stars out of 5-American
- The Foxy Brown 4.5 stars out of 5-Comfort food
Now, if you were to ask the locals, you would likely get a different list. Locals often have a different expectation of their food experiences than tourists do. In Fort Lauderdale, Florida the locals highly recommend:
- The Foxy Brown 4.5 stars out of 5- Comfort food
Another repeat restaurant from the foodie list to the local’s list. This is one to check out!
- Gilbert’s 17th Street Grill 4.7 stars out of 5- American
A second repeat restaurant from the foodie list to the local’s list! Fort Lauderdale is looking better and better!
- Kelly’s Landing New England Seafood 4.5 stars out of 5-Seafood
- Hardy Park Bistro 4.6 stars out of 5-New American
- Cafe Seville 4.7 stars out of 5-Spanish
I found this information very interesting and worth reading thanks for sharing with us ..