Much of the I formation found in this article can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Puck
Wolfgang Puck is arguably one of the most talented professional chefs of our time. He is not only a chef but also the owner of several Michelin Star rated restaurants. But, what do we really know about the infamous Wolfgang Puck?
Wolfgang Puck before the fame
Wolfgang was born in Austria in 1949. His mother remarried and Wolfgang took his stepfather’s last name, Puck. His mother was a pastry chef and inspired Wolfgang to begin experimenting in the culinary arts. When he got older, Puck decided to study under Raymond Thuilier as an apprentice in several establishments in France. When Wolfgang was 24, he ventured to the United States. Two years later he moved to Los Angeles, California, and became part-owner and chef to Ma Maison restaurant.
Wolfgang married quite a few times and has two sons that he shares with one of his ex-wives.
Wolfgang and everything he is today
In the decades that followed, Wolfgang opened, owned and/operated many restaurants including:
- Spago, Puck’s first restaurant opened on the Sunset Strip (1982) serving California cuisine but later relocated to Beverly Hills.
- Spago Istanbul by Wolfgang Puck at St. Regis Istanbul.
- Chinois on Main, Santa Monica, California (1983), Asian fusion.
- Postrio, San Francisco (1989), Mediterranean and Asian fusion.
- Spago, Beverly Hills (1997), known for serving California cuisine. Spago Beverly Hills, Spago Las Vegas, Spago Maui, Spago at Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands resort, and Spago Beaver Creek.
- Postrio, Las Vegas.
- Trattoria del Lupo, Las Vegas.
- CUT by Wolfgang Puck at Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown
- CUT in London, Beverly Hills, Las Vegas and Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands resort.
- CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Address Downtown Dubai
- CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Mondrian Doha
- CUT by Wolfgang Puck at Four Seasons Hotels Bahrain Bay
- Five-Sixty was located in Dallas and featured Asian-inspired New American cuisine. After 11 years, it closed in April 2020, felled by COVID-19.
- The Source, Washington, DC, modern interpretation of Asian cuisine located at the Newseum.
- Wolfgang Puck B&G (2009) in Los Angeles.
- Wolfgang Puck at Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Wolfgang Puck Catering at Museum of Science in Boston.
- Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria and Cucina, MGM Grand Detroit in Detroit
- Wolfgang Puck Steak, a signature restaurant of MGM Grand Detroit in Detroit.
- Wolfgang Puck American Grille, a signature restaurant located in the Borgata Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City.
- Springs Preserve Café, Las Vegas.
- WP24 by Wolfgang Puck located in The Ritz-Carlton in downtown Los Angeles, modern Chinese cuisine.
- Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria in Cucina, Las Vegas.
- Wolfgang Puck Bistro located in the South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, California.
- Wolfgang Puck Express:
- JC Penney in Monroeville, Pennsylvania at Monroeville Mall.
- Denver International Airport
- Indianapolis International Airport
- Logan International Airport, Boston
- McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle, Washington
- Seidman Cancer Center at University Hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio
- Terminal 1, Pearson International Airport in Toronto, Ontario (closed)
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL.
- Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill Summerlin, Las Vegas
- The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck:
- Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Calgary International Airport, Calgary, Alberta
- Greenville–Spartanburg International Airport, Greenville, South Carolina
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, Georgia
- Washington-Dulles International Airport, Washington, D.C.
- Changi International Airport, Singapore
- Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
Wolfgang has also earned a laundry list of awards and accolades over the course of his career including:
- Being inducted into the Fine Dining Hall of Fame
- Receiving the James Beard Foundation Award
- And even receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and many more!