I am so excited to share this meal plan with you! It turned out so delicious and I already can’t wait to make it again!
Sometimes when I am cooking, I trust my gut and purely experiment with what I have on hand. However, there are plenty of times (especially when I am making something for the first time) that I decide to follow a recipe. This is one of those times.
Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 4 thin-cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning or more to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Mix together the flour, lemon pepper seasoning and salt to taste. Pour the flour mixture onto a plate or into a shallow bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, turning to coat evenly.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the pan, and whisk in the lemon juice. Season with salt to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
The zucchini cakes!
Recipe created by yours truly!
- 3-4 small to medium zucchini
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- ½ tablespoon to 1 tablespoon garlic salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 cups flour (may need more to reach desired thickness and consistency)
- 1 egg
- Olive oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Begin by cleaning your zucchini and chopping off the ends.
- Using a cheese grater, shred your zucchini over a paper towel-lined bowl. Once all of the zucchini is shredded, cover the bowl with more paper towels and press firmly to encourage moisture absorption. Allow the shredded zucchini to sit for at least 2 hours.
- Using a large mixing bowl, pour the shredded zucchini, shredded smoked Gouda cheese, spices, and egg into it.
- Mix until well combined
- Slowly add in the flour (go about ½ cup at a time), mixing after each addition.
- Once the mixture is thickened and reaches desired consistency and flavor, move on to the next step.
- Prepare a skillet on the stove, heat over medium-high heat. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and tilt to evenly coat the bottom. You may need to add more olive oil as you go to keep the pan from smoking too much.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture and plop it into the pan, carefully.
- Repeat 3 more times until 4 cakes have been created in the pan.
- Allow the zucchini cakes to cook until golden brown and flip. Cook that side until golden brown, as well and remove from skillet.
- Repeat until all of the zucchini cakes are seared and removed from the skillet.
- Place the cakes onto a baking sheet and finish cooking them in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini cakes from the oven once cooked through.
- 3 cups white rice
- 3 cups of water
- Garlic salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Italian parmesan herb and cheese seasoning to taste
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- Parsley flakes to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Add seasonings to taste once most of the water is absorbed
- Mix in butter when water is absorbed
- Taste rice and add seasonings or butter as desired
Leave your vote